Use of your personal information
Date of last update: March 27, 2020
The personal information transmitted through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or in the relevant pages of the site. We may use your personal information for the following:
1. site management
2. customizing our website for you;
3. allowing the use of the services available on our website;
4. sending notifications by e-mail that you have specifically requested;
5. the provision by the third parties of the statistical information about our users (but these third parties will not be able to identify any individual users from the respective information);
6. handling questions and complaints made by you or you regarding our website;
7. keeping our site safe and preventing fraud;
8. verification of compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our site (including monitoring of private messages sent through our private messaging service); and
9. other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and use that information in accordance with the law you grant to us.
Your privacy settings may be used to limit the posting of your information on our website and may be adjusted using the privacy controls on the site.
We will not provide, without your express consent, your personal information to third parties for direct marketing of them or any other third party.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, as reasonably necessary for the purposes set forth in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate equity company and all of its subsidiaries), reasonably necessary for the purposes of this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent required by law;
2. in connection with ongoing or future legal proceedings;
3. to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for fraud prevention purposes;
4. to any person we reasonably believe may be addressed to a court or other competent authority for the disclosure of personal information if, in our reasonable opinion, such a court or authority would reasonably be likely to order the disclosure of personal information.
5. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
1. The information we collect may be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
2. The personal information you publish on our web site or which you submit for publication on our web site may be available through the internet worldwide. We cannot prevent the misuse or misuse of information by others.
3. You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section
Retention of personal information
1. This section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
2. The personal information we process for any purpose or purpose will not be kept longer than is necessary for this or those purposes.
3. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will keep documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
-1. to the extent required by law;
-2. if we consider that the documents may be relevant for any ongoing or future legal procedure; and
-3. to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk).
Security of your personal information
1. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
2. We will store all personal information you provide on our secure servers (password protected and firewalled).
3. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent over the Internet.
4. You are responsible for maintaining the password you use to access our confidential website; we will not ask for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page from time to time to make sure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy via email or the private messaging system on our website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; the provision of this information will be subject to the following:
1. payment of a fee and
2. providing proper proof of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary, plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
We may retain the personal information you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our site includes hyperlinks to and details of third party sites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please inform us if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.